Saturday, October 30, 2010

Still Waiting...

Some progress made since I last wrote.  Now we have eliminated some possibilities for my physical problems and for that I’m grateful.  At this point we are waiting for the test results on the second test.  Had so hoped to get those results yesterday but didn’t.  So waiting is the plan now.... waiting for the test results to see if the Lord reveals the cause of all my pain through that test or if more tests are required.  God has perfect timing, but, as I’ve said before, I’m still learning the virtue of waiting on Him.  
Years ago I stopped praying for patience but instead now pray for the grace to wait on the Lord.  That “re-arranged” prayer has radically changed my ability to wait.  I now have HIS power and strength to wait for His perfect answers to my prayers and my cries for help.  It has made all the difference in my ability to wait for His answers and to be able to see His hand at work throughout the process of bringing about His perfect will in the situations I am praying about.  A HUGE difference!  I used to say that “wait” is a four-letter word.  Although wait still has only four letters in it, I’m learning to see that waiting is only tolerable through the power, strength, and grace of the Lord.  A powerful lesson to learn and one for which I am so truly grateful.  Thank You, Lord!  And yes, I keep learning that lesson over and over again...
When will the answers come?  I don’t know, but I do know they will come.  “... for I know Whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day” (2 Tim. 1:12b)  I know He is faithful and has answers for my health problems as well as the many other issues that face me and my family.  He may physically heal my body and bring His deliverance to the other things going on around us or He may graciously shed His mercy, grace, peace, and strength to continue to meet them head on, but He WILL take care of it all.  Of that I am absolutely certain.  In the meantime I sit in His lap and soak in His love, mercy, grace, peace, goodness and strength.  He is SO good to me.  Blessings and honor to His Name!  

No comments:

Post a Comment