Thursday, October 21, 2010

I'm Reminded...

As I walk this journey of the unknown diagnosis, I find that the Lord keeps reminding of things.  He loves me with an everlasting love... He never leaves me nor forsakes me... He provides my every need according to His riches in glory in Christ... He is my Strength... He wounds and He heals... I am complete in Him... I am to submit to Him and seek His grace to be content in all circumstances... I can trust Him... and so much more. This journey is hard and seems to be getting harder as I continue to get worse.  However, I know He has a good and perfect plan in the midst of it all.  He has not taken Jeremiah 29:11 out of the Bible, so I believe He has greater plans for my “light and momentary afflictions” in His eternal plan... one that I cannot imagine.  I pray for His grace to wait upon Him for His revelation of what this stuff is that is going on in my body.  He has promised me in His Word that He will show us what’s happening.  Whether it is big or small, I pray that I may receive His grace to receive this gift with praise and thanksgiving and that He will be most highly glorified in it all.  That truly is the cry of my heart to Him.  But this is hard and I am eager for His answers.   All will come in his infinitely perfect way and timing.  Forgive me, Lord, for being so impatient.  I know Your ways and thoughts are so much higher than mine.  For now may I rest in Your arms of mercy, grace, and love and receive Your peace in the midst of the storm.  All praise, honor, and glory be unto You. 
“Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.  The Sovereign Lord is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, He enables me to go on the heights.”  (Habakkuk 3:17-19)

1 comment:

  1. I, too, am very anxious to hear what the Lord shows the medical team working on a solution for your health problems. It hurts me to know you hurt, but God's timing is perfect and I have to keep reminding myself "Everything for a reaspon".

    ReplyDelete