Saturday, October 16, 2010

Wow....

Despite my feeling absolutely horrible, my sweet husband and I drove to Arkansas to spend some time with my 95 year old Daddy this week.  While on this trip, I saw God work in the most amazing ways.  By His grace I was enabled to do the things that I had to do, however at the other times I was so very sick and unable to function.  I was able to help my Daddy when needed and we ended up having a good visit with him.  I was greatly humbled and awed by His power, mercy, grace, and peace during the entire time, even during the two day trip there and the two day trip back home.  It felt as though He was actually lifting me about my horrible health.  “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10)  This is exactly what the Lord did for me on this trip.  Now that I’m home again, it’s back to my doctor here to schedule more tests to see what’s going on with my health.  He will be faithful through all of that too.  He is so good to me. 
One of the most amazing things that struck me while in Arkansas was the Lord’s provision of a primary care doctor for me to see because my health worsened while we were there.  As we plan our move back to Arkansas, one of my greatest concerns was finding new doctors, especially a primary care doctor, there.  As we arrived at the doctor’s office around 8:40am, the Lord opened up at 9:30am appt. JUST FOR ME!!!  Now I (and my husband likes this doctor as well) have a primary care doctor in Arkansas.
Something only God could have done for me (us).  
Daddy’s cataract surgery went smoothly and he is doing well now.  Another blessing from the Lord!  
During the entire trip, the Lord’s hand was all but visible in every aspect of it.  His mercy, grace, faithfulness, and goodness shone through it all.  Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment