Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Lord Is Good, But I Am Still Sick

Note to self:  When you ask the Lord to deepen your understanding of His goodness, it can involve affliction.  At least it does in my case right now.  Having been sick for over 10 days now, I have had the opportunity to witness the goodness of the Lord in so many ways.  He has truly been showering His grace, mercy, and goodness on me as I have been in such pain.  Slowly but surely, the Lord is healing me, but He is certainly taking the “scenic” route to do it.  He is making me more like Him on the trip.  As hard as this is to go through, I am so glad to be sitting at His feet learning more and more about His mercy, grace, and goodness.  
Although I feel like Job, chapter 2, right now, I know that the Lord is working in my life and changing me more into the image of Himself.  I know this... “But He knows the way I take; when He has tested me, I will come forth as gold” (Job 23:10) as I trust Him to carry me through this journey of affliction.  He is faithful.  So I say with Him...
“I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end He will stand upon the earth.  And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God.” (Job 19:25-26)
Your continued prayers are much appreciated.  I am better but definitely not over this “stuff”.  Showers of His greatest blessings upon each of you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment