Friday, June 13, 2014

Then And Now

“He allots their portions; His hand distributes them by measure…”  Isaiah 34:17a

“My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”  Psalm 73:26

Lord, You have always told me that this health issue will get worse and, of course, it is.  Small decreases but decreases all the same.  Little by little this “whatever” is taking away my abilities.  Little by little my hands are losing their ability to hold and grip things.  Little by little my feet get tangled up and I stumble more.  More and more I find myself searching for just the right word to complete a thought or a sentence.  More and more the internal trembling increases.  More and more I am dizzier, have greater headache pain, and struggle with exhaustion, strength and stamina.  This is the earthly reality.  

But God…

In the midst of it all, Lord, You are faithful and true, loving and gracious, and always leading and guiding me.  You show me in countless ways that You never leave me nor forsake me.  You supply my every need according to Your glorious riches in Christ Jesus.  You are the Lifter of my head.  You are my Peace.  You are my All in all.  By Your grace You are carrying me through this journey.  Of course You are.  That is just Who You are.  God Almighty… Lord God… Provider… Abba Father… Sovereign Lord.  Thank You, Lord.  Praise You from Whom all blessings flow.  


The journey continues…..

No comments:

Post a Comment