Thursday, June 19, 2014

The More I Do

“Do not let your hearts be troubled.  Trust in God; trust also in Me.”  John 14:1

Well, Lord, You have made it very clear to me that my level of activity during the day directly affects my body’s ability to calm down, rest or sleep.  On the days that I am more active I am unable to go to sleep until 4am-5am.  On the days that I am less active I am able to settle down, stop trembling inside my body and go to sleep between 2am-3am.  Over and over this is the case.  Last night was a prime example.  

Yesterday my day was filled with doing the simple but necessary tasks of laundry, cleaning bathrooms and a short 15-20 minute time of pulling some weeds in our yard.  No food preparation time, no extra activities other than those that I did while seated.  However, for me, Lord, yesterday exhausted me and, by the time I got ready for bed, my body and mind were greatly overactive and would not settle down.  The good part was that You and I spent some wonderful time together, but the bad part was that I could not get to sleep until 5am this morning.  Then, as has been my custom in the past month, I slept until almost 12 noon today.  I just can’t get sufficient sleep or rest.  Were it not for You caring for me I would not get any rest at all.  The nerve damage of central sensitization strikes again.  


I am certain that You will use this continuing and ever-increasing problem for Your greatest glory.  I am sure You will use it to show the doctors what is causing my central sensitization.  I am sure that You are good and that You love me.  I am sure that You are faithful to take care of me in the midst of this and everything else that is happening in my body.  I am positive that You have a beautiful plan to use this in my life and in the lives of those who know about all these things.  I am positive that You will never leave me nor forsake me.  I know without a doubt that You are God and that there is none like You.  By Your grace enable me to discern how much activity I should do each day.  Strengthen me, help me and uphold me by Your righteous right hand.  Thank You for Your continuing peace and grace in this journey.  Praise You from Whom all blessings flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment