Saturday, May 24, 2014

Suffering

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”  Romans 8:28

I’ve known for a while, Lord, that You use great suffering to bring forth great things and great glory.  The other day You brought me to a whole new depth of my understanding of the suffering that I am going through, especially in my health.  The crucifixion comes before the resurrection and You used my Savior’s suffering to bring the greatest gift of eternal salvation to those You created.  I have known this in the past, but You personalized this in my own suffering as I pondered the many scriptures that say this very thing.  I now see that suffering is a privilege from You.

“For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on Him, but also to suffer for Him,”  Philippians 1:29

“Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer…“  Revelation 2:10

“The apostles left the Sanhedrin, rejoicing because they had been counted worthy of suffering disgrace for the Name.” Acts 5:41

“Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.  And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us.”  Romans 5:3-5

“That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet I am not ashamed, because I know Whom I have believed, and am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him for that day.”  2 Timothy 1:12

“In bringing many sons to glory, it was fitting that God, for Whom and through Whom everything exists, should make the Author of their salvation perfect through suffering.”  Hebrews 2:10

“Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you.  But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when His glory is revealed.”  1 Peter 4:12-13


Thank You for letting me suffer for You, Lord.  It is humbling to know that You have given me such a gift as this.  I now see my suffering in a new light… the light of Your love, purpose and glory.  May my suffering bring You the greatest glory, not only in my life but in the lives of all who know about it.  Your will be done in it all.  Praise You from Whom all blessing flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment