Saturday, December 31, 2011

My Resolution

The end of this year brings thanksgiving for all that God has been and done in my life.  He has blessed me in innumerable ways this year.  His Presence in my life has blossomed in ways I cannot describe nor always understand.  I have seen His love, mercy, faithfulness, grace and peace in places that seem impossible.  I have seen Him be Who He is and I am awed and amazed every time.  Thank You, Lord, for drawing me closer to Yourself in 2011.  
As I think about making New Years resolutions, I can only find one resolution that I will make for 2012... I resolve to continue following Him wherever He leads me.  I realize that this sounds very non-specific, but, if I will follow Him on His path for me in 2012, I will be and do everything that He wants me to be and do.  Of course that means that I may go to places where I don’t really want to go, but, by faith and His grace, I will thrive in those places and in Him through it all.  THAT’S the part of following Him that I love.  He shines through it all.  I want others to see Him, not me, in all that I am and do.  “He must increase, but I must decrease...” (John 3:30, KJV)  That is my overriding desire.  It’s all about Him.  
“Direct me in the path of Your commands, for there I find delight.”  Psalm 119:35
“But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”  Matthew 6:33

No comments:

Post a Comment